Disclamer

The views and opinions expressed in this blog are mine and do not reflect those of the Peace Corps or the United States Government.

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

3 weeks to go

Hello everybody, 

My name is Dan and I am about to travel to the great country of Indonesia to teach English as a foreign language with the Peace Corps.

 I figured that some people back home would want to stay updated about where I am with my travel and exploration of the world and the various diseases I will contract, etc.  That's why I'm making this Blog.  Never made one of these before so bear with me.  I am pretty sure that I will be able to keep this updated and stuff for those people who are interested. This is also depending on if I have internet where I am in Indonesia for 2 years, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

So!  It is March 13th and I leave on April 6th at 9:15 a.m. for San Fransisco.  I will arrive at about 11:30 and then have to get across town to the Radisson Hotel in Fisherman's Wharf.  This is where I will meet all of my Peace Corps Indonesia 2013 peers (and recent Facebook friends).  We then have an all day orientation type deal where we learn stuff about what the heck we are getting into.  After we all have realized the heaviness of the commitment we have already committed to and after we have changed out of our soiled undergarments, my guess is that we will go  and promptly drink our terror away in a bonding / shameful night out in the city of San Fransisco.

Just kidding Mom, we will get a good nights rest... for our ELEVEN AND A HALF HOUR FLIGHT to TOKYO!  wowza.  Yep, we are gonna go straight from California to Japan in one insanely long flight.  Then it's another flight from Tokyo to Singapore.  Then from Singapore to Surabaya Indonesia.  I then stay in that country for a pretty long layover, something like 2 years and 3 months.

Some awesome news is that I am almost ready to go!  All I have to do is move all my stuff back to my parents house, buy all the necessary items and clothing, see everyone I know before I go, resolve all my financial obligations, quit my jobs, pack, and party like I've never partied before.  It's a good thing I am super good at partying and moving otherwise I would be worried and stressed out that I didn't have enough time to do all these things. 


Anyway, this is where I am at right now.  I can't think about anything but my near future and I couldn't be more stoked/nervous/terrified about what is going to happen. 

Thanks all, Love ya


1 comment:

  1. So - going away open house here at the farm. Easter Sunday late afternoon/evening. Weather permitting, bonfire with old college furniture at night. Note the 'weather permittin' part. Excited for you, Dan! Mom

    ReplyDelete